Economic Activity and Development
Faro’s present economy includes Government Services from the Federal, Territorial, and Municipal governments; mining; construction; transportation; energy; and service sectors.
Faro is in the process of making an economic transition from mining to new opportunities, although, it is likely that mining will contribute at some level to the economic future of Faro, through reclamation activities, mine clean-up, and exploration activities.
Availability of Internet technology also opens up new opportunities for business creation and the opportunity to market Faro’s attributes worldwide.
For business investors, Faro offers:
- Affordable housing
- A supportive, and responsive municipal government
- Northern expertise in mining, telecommunications, construction and tourism
- Excellent funding and incentive programs
- Exceptional landscape, wildlife and tourism opportunities
- Strong commitment to their Official Community Plan
Economic activity information is provided in the following:
- Government of Yukon Departments
List of Government of Yukon Departments
- Government of Yukon Programs and Services
List of programs and services offered to Yukon businesses and residents
- Yukon Department of Economic Development
List of funding and programs that support Yukon economic development
- Procurement Strategy for Aboriginal Businesses (PSAB)
Works to assist Aboriginal firms in contracting with all federal government departments and agencies and assists Aboriginal businesses gain access to the overall procurement process
- Yukon Chamber of Commerce
Provides advocacy and representation on issues affecting business
- Yukon Business Directory
Directory of Yukon businesses
- Yukon Employment Central
Provides job boards, employment counseling, workshops and more
- Government Tenders
Provides information about currently advertised public tenders as well as recently awarded public tenders and the successful contractor
- Yukon Workfutures
Guide to work opportunities in the territory that provides information on the labour market, working conditions, education, and employment prospects
Online employment resource for employers and job seekers, providing information on current job listings, the Yukon labour market, career planning, education, and training
What are the Facts?